For owners, EPOS systems for restaurants promise to transform the way their business is run.
Restaurant owners face several problems like rising labour costs and growing competition. EPOS systems for restaurants are built to address most of these problems. Therefore, investing in the right system will save you a lot of time and stress, while also raising revenue and profits. We are going to explain the key features in EPOS systems that will be beneficial to you. The technological benefits of an EPOS system will transform the way your restaurant functions.
Here are seven features of EPOS systems for restaurants
- Brand new marketing opportunities – If you are a small restaurant, chances are you have a hard time standing out from the crowd. EPOS systems for restaurants can address this problem by helping you build a loyal customer base. You may not have the resources to launch ambitious advertising campaigns so, instead, you can create a loyal customer base. An EPOS platform can help you build that customer base from the ground up. Some EPOS models have an analytics dashboard to track customer demographics, giving you vital information into who is ordering from you regularly. Furthermore, the systems contain marketing mechanisms like email and SMS marketing, so you can develop a targeted marketing campaign to bring back these customers for repeat business, thus building a loyal customer following.
- APIs and third-party integrations for a restaurant owner, there are several facets of restaurant management to handle. Payroll, online ordering, delivery and kitchen management are just some of the problems you have to deal with. All these facets of restaurant management can be stressful, but EPOS systems for restaurants can be a huge aide because they act as a central hub for management operations. When you have one central hub for data, you no longer have to manage several functions from different places – instead, all information is visible on one screen. EPOS systems with third-party applications and APIs are especially well-suited for functioning as a hub.
- Tableside Ordering – One of the biggest challenges for any restaurant owner is finding proper staff. While there is no replacing articulate waiters who know the art of customer service, EPOS systems for restaurants offer a solution that let you serve customers more efficiently thanks to table ordering. With a table ordering system, there will be tablets on each table that allow customers to enter orders directly into these tablets, which go directly to the kitchen. Your customers don’t have to wait for someone to take their order, leading to faster service, which means better customer impressions, which in turn encourages more visits in the future.
- Mobile Apps – Smartphone apps are a great way to enhance service to customers. You can use the app to facilitate certain functions like online payments and reservations. Furthermore, the app provides a direct line of communication between you and the customer, which offers unique marketing opportunities. For example, sending a message before lunch brings additional customers flocking to your restaurant. Even if you aren’t able to set up a mobile application, there are various other methods of patron engagement via mobile – think SMS outreach, for example.
- Kitchen Management Systems (KMS) – A KMS refers to systems that help the kitchen manage customer orders. Hence, restaurant owners have an easier time managing kitchen orders because a KMS streamlines the process and increases efficiency. Most EPOS systems come with a KMS along with other technical functions.
- Chip and Pin – Chip and Pin technology allows payments to be faster and more efficient than ever before. Furthermore, you can implement the chip and pin at tables so that customers can make payments as soon as they finish their meals. Thus, you get to reduce the chances of payment errors, which makes it easier for customers and reduce the burden on staff.
- Head office management – Some EPOS systems have cloud application support. Thus, you can store information in the EPOS system and then access it from anywhere. As a restaurant owner, you can manage all aspects of your restaurant including stock inventory, analytics, security and more from anywhere. You could be at home, and still, manage your restaurant through your mobile device.
EPOS systems for restaurants come with key features that make restaurant management more accessible. With the right EPOS system, you can run a more profitable and efficient business by keeping operating costs low, building a loyal customer base and avoiding frustrating, unnecessary processes in management.
All this is made possible thanks to the critical features of an EPOS system.
The way consumers are viewing businesses has changed over the past few years. Businesses are developing sustainable practices in order to improve operations in the long run. As a restaurant owner, find out how you can reduce your carbon footprint here.
Visit the eposEX blog to learn more about the benefits of an EPOS system.